Idaho Care Line Quick Referral – 2-1-1
If you are unsure of where to start, call 2-1-1 and ask for the numbers of local and regional fair housing resources. Continue reading
Idaho Fair Housing Forum partners welcomed key personnel from HUD’s Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office for a virtual FHEO training on Thursday, August 10, 2023. The event was well-attended, with over 230 Participants from Idaho and the surrounding regions. If a recording is made available, a link will be posted below.
Opening remarks by Lynn Grosso, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Enforcement and Brian Dale, PCED, HUD Field Office Director for Idaho
- Opening Remarks – Brian Dale, FOD; Barbara Lehman, Region X FHEO Director; Lynn Grosso, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Enforcement
- HUD FHEO’s Intake Process – Michael Chen, HUD FHEO
- HUD FHEO’s Investigation Process – Breanne Lee, HUD FHEO
- HUD FHEO and VAWA/C Revs – James Kordich, HUD FHEO
- Q & A – FHEO Staff Presenters
- Closing Remarks – Lynn Grosso, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Enforcement (tentative), Barbara Lehman, Region X FHEO Director
Resources and links
The Idaho Fair Housing Forum members have been working to reanimate our long-running monthly stakeholder discussions. The Forum has always been a safe place for conversations among state and local governments, housing industry professionals, and consumer advocates. As we always remind everyone, the Forum is not an advocacy organization; we’re a collaborative group interested in working together to better understand fair housing law, best practices and opportunities for productive cooperation.
The 2023 schedule is as follows:
- Dates: Every Second Wednesday
- Time: 10am-11am Mountain Time
- Place: We default to Zoom or Teams
2023 Schedule from June to December
- June 14
- July 12
- August 9
- September 13
- October 11
- November 15
- December 13
Join our distribution list!
To receive monthly meeting notifications and links, send your name / email to AmaraE @ ihfa.org (no spaces). You will be added to the Forum events list.
We hope to see you at our upcoming meetings, and encourage you to think about what you’d like to ask or contribute.
Members of the Idaho Access Project spoke with several dozen architects, attorneys, and fair housing advocates on May 5 as part of the Intermountain Fair Housing Council’s 2023 workshop series. While the focus was on access in all aspects of life, the session included a comparison between fair housing design and construction requirements and Visitability.
- Inclusive planning and design for mobility, access, safety and connectivity;
- Visitability in single-family residential housing development;
- Inclusive Recreation and Tourism, and
- Integrating people with disabilities in civic, cultural and
The Idaho Housing and Finance Association’s (IHFA) Idaho Falls Branch Office—in partnership with the cities of Pocatello and Idaho Falls—is helping promote a fair housing training by the Intermountain Fair Housing Council on June 1st, 2023.
Where: The Colonial Theater, 450 A Street Idaho Falls, ID 83402
When: Thursday, June 1 · 8:30am – 4pm MDT
Link to the Eventbrite registration here