The City of Boise Fair Housing Task Force and regional Forum partners are getting the word out about fair housing and the 2-1-1 referral option! Look for these bus panels and posters on bus benches around the valley, and help us spread the word about fair housing resources and protection!
Fair Housing Posters
To download the fabulous posters created during this campaign, select from the links below to download and print either English or Spanish.
And remember to share the corresponding fair housing videos sponsored by Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA).
Idahoans have a new resource to understand their rights, recognize discrimination and take steps to promote compliance. Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA) recently commissioned a series of colorful animated messages to complement a statewide fair housing awareness initiative developed by the cities of Boise, Meridian and Nampa.
See the clips here.
Idaho Care Line Quick Referral – 2-1-1
If you are unsure of where to start, call 2-1-1 and ask for the numbers of local and regional fair housing resources. Continue reading
Nampa hosts springtime events at the Nampa Civic Center
The City of Nampa will sponsor a series of springtime events for seniors, landlords and HUD recipients. These will feature fair housing enforcement advocates, civil rights defense attorneys, HUD/FHEO specialists and consumer protection experts. Contact Jennifer @ 208-468-5419 for more information.
- March 22-Reasonable accommodation and reasonable modification
- March 22-section 3 implementation for HUD recipients
- April 24-Elder abuse Summit
- April 25-scam jam
- May 7-landlord training for private landlords (including section 8 providers)
- May 9-landlord training for federally subsidized landlords (including tax credit and HOME recipients)
IFHC/Idaho Legal Aid Services Fair Housing Month Training Tour for Idaho
Idaho’s testing and enforcement contractor will team up with Legal Aid Services and the US Department of Justice to present their perspective on fair housing and related federal regulations, along with landlord/tenant law. Contact Zoe Ann Olson, Executive Director, Intermountain Fair Housing Council toll free at 1-800-717-0695 for more information.
- April 2nd – Moscow (featuring US Attorney Wendy Olson and Attorney Ken Nagy)
- April 3rd – Lewiston (featuring US Attorney Wendy Olson and Attorney Ken Nagy); Noon – 5:00 pm; BEEG” at Community Center, Lewiston.
- April 10th – Pocatello
- April 11th – Idaho Falls
- April 12th – Rexburg
- April 17th – Post Falls, 12 30 to 4 30 pm, City Hall Chamber. (125)
- April 18th – CDA, 1 30 to 6 pm, Library Community Room. (200)
- April 22nd – Twin Falls
- April 23rd – Burley
- April 26th – Meridian, 12 30 pm to 4 30 pm tentatively, Sawtooth Lecture Hall in the Meridian School District Service Center (134) (featuring US Attorney Wendy Olson)
Click here to register for March trainings.
Click here to register for April trainings.