How to file a fair housing complaint

Idaho Care Line Quick Referral – 2-1-1
If you are unsure of where to start, call 2-1-1 and ask for the numbers of local and regional fair housing resources.

Although they are not fair housing experts, 2-1-1 staff can provide more specific contact information. They also track the type and location of complaints, which helps all partners target education and outreach to reduce violations and increase awareness of fair housing rights and responsibilities. 2-1-1 staff refer all callers to the organizations below for follow-up.

Consumers may also contact any of the following directly:

• Intermountain Fair Housing Council Toll-free: (800) 717-0695
File a complaint online

• Idaho Commission on Human Rights Toll Free: (888) 249-7025. (208) 334-2873
File a complaint online

• HUD (Seattle office) Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office (800) 877-0246
File a complaint online

• Idaho Legal Aid Services (ILAS refers complaints; but provides general legal advice and information, including on landlord-tenant law)

    • Coeur d’Alene (serving Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai and Shoshone counties): 208-667-9559
    • Lewiston (serving Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce counties): 208-743-1556
    • Caldwell (serving Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette and Washington counties): 208-454-591
    • Boise (serving Ada, Boise, Elmore and Valley counties): 208-345-0106
    • Twin Falls (serving Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka and Twin Falls counties): 208-734-7024
    • Pocatello (serving Bannock, Bear Lake, Caribou, Franklin and Power counties): 208-233-0079
    • Idaho Falls (serving Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison and Teton counties): 208-524-3660