NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS | AVISO DE REUNIONES COMMUNITARIAS
The Idaho State Independent Living Council (SILC) is partnering with the Idaho Centers for Independent Living (CILs) to host public meetings across Idaho. The SILC and the CILs serve Idahoans across disabilities and lifespan. The SILC and CILs are collecting information to develop a three-year (2024-2026) State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) that addresses Independent Living needs across Idaho. The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Help us understand how the community is serving people in regard to housing, transportation, healthcare, education, job training, employment, recreation, community access and any other areas impacting Idahoans with disabilities.
- Help us determine where to direct resources to improve opportunities for people with disabilities of any age to live in their community with the supports they need.
- Provide an overview of the duties and responsibilities of the SILC, regarding the State Plan, systemic advocacy, education and other activities.
- Provide an overview of the duties and responsibilities of the CILs and the core services they provide in our communities.
- Tell the public about the State Plan for Independent Living.
All locations are accessible. Materials are provided in accessible formats. To request language interpretation (ASL, Spanish, etc.) or disability accommodations, call the SILC at least 10 days in advance 208-334-3800; toll-free 1-800-487-4866 or email:
Please share to social media
If your organization has a presence on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, please promote these public meetings and the Statewide Assessment Survey below. Please tag SILC and our partners at the Idaho Caregivers Alliance in your posts:
- @allianceidaho (Twitter)
- @idahocaregiveralliance (Facebook and Instagram)
- @IdahoSILC (Facebook)
Southeastern Idaho – All Times Mountain
Burley, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 21, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (English) | 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Spanish)
Community Council of Idaho | 437 E. 13th St.
Chubbuck, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 21, 2022 | 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Chubbuck City Hall | 290 E Linden Ave.
Preston, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 22, 2022 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (English) | 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Spanish)
Larsen Sant Public Library | 109 S. 1st St. E
Driggs, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 23, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Seniors West of the Tetons | 60 S. Main Street, #200
April 25, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
“The Clubhouse” | 1619 Curlew Drive
Rexburg, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 25, 2022 | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Madison School District Office | 60 W. Main Street
Salmon, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 26, 2022 | 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Salmon Senior Center | 200 Main Street
Challis, ID | ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
April 27, 2022 | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Challis Senior Center | 695 Challis Creek Road
The Idaho SILC’s mission is to promote the independent living philosophy for all Idahoans with disabilities: choice, self-determination and access for all. The Current SPIL (Federal Fiscal Year 2021-2023) may be reviewed at the following website: www.silc.idaho.gov/plans-and-reports/
Statewide assessment, survey
If you’re unable to attend a meeting, or would like to give us additional input, please complete our survey at the link below:
- English: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5R7KZDV
- Espanol: https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/Z25FVYV
Additional formats, including large print and Braille are available on request. Please contact us for assistance: 208-334-3800; toll-free 1-800-487-4866 or email: