We’ll track the monthly meetings of the Idaho Fair Housing Forum below, and add descriptions and links to materials as they are made available by the various meeting hosts. Check back each month for the latest updates in the archive below.
Meetings take place the third Wednesday of the month. Each regular monthly meeting highlights a topic selected by participants in advance. Quarterly meetings are more open-ended opportunities for conversation and discussion of fair housing trends, challenges and related issues. Continue reading
The first official monthly meeting of the Idaho Fair Housing Forum was hosted by IHFA and featured a training on Fair Housing Basics by attorney Brian Stephens with the Intermountain Fair Housing Council. See links below for a link to this and similar presentations on Fair Housing Basics.
Each regular monthly meeting highlights a training on a topic selected by participants in advance. Quarterly meetings are more open-ended opportunities for conversation and discussion of fair housing trends, challenges and related issues.
Bus benches continue to support fair housing..and sitters!
As mentioned in a previous post, the Idaho Fair Housing Forum will re-start regular monthly meetings to restore productive collaboration and conversation among diverse stakeholders. Our work on regional statewide campaigns (like the poster pictured above) is crucial to expanding awareness of fair housing. These meetings are a safe place to ask questions, seek consensus and work toward common goals. Partners who are respectful of others and approach the Forum in good faith are welcome.
- All meetings will be the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT/9 am PT. Main meeting topics will occupy 60 minutes, but we will hold space for 90 minutes to accommodate additional conversation.
- Quarterly Open Forum Meetings will be held October, January, April, July and be more informal, featuring a more open roundtable discussion, with short videos for consideration. The first of these is Segregated by Design
- Monthly Training meetings are planned for November, December, February, March, May, June, August, and September and will feature topical training modules and Q&A
- Annual Meetings will be in-person (public health situation permitting) and coincide with existing statewide events focusing on housing and related topics to allow statewide partners to consolidate travel time and costs.
We look forward to expanding this group to be more inclusive and diverse, and to broaden our geographic scope. We welcome housing providers and professionals, planners, building officials, people of all abilities, consumer advocates, and anyone interested in learning from one another about the origins, interpretations, importance and impacts of the Fair Housing Act and related laws.
Bookmark this post and check back for more updates!
The Partners for Rural America and Idaho Rural Partnership are hosting the virtual 2021 Rural Conference October 14, 15. Both groups largely focus on rural housing, economic and community development and have been focused on pandemic response and recovery for rural economies.
Fair housing partners are encouraged to participate to learn more about issues specific to rural communities.
- Thursday, October 14 and Friday, October 15
- 9am to 1pm MDT (both days)
- $15 through Friday, October 8
- $25 after Friday, October 8
Rural practitioners and representatives from over a dozen states will come together to present plenary sessions on the following topics:
- Rural population and growth trends
- Broadband and the digital economy
- Housing challenges and solutions
- Rural recovery and resiliency
- Community engagement and leadership development