The Idaho Fair Housing Forum members have been working to reanimate our long-running monthly stakeholder discussions. The Forum has always been a safe place for conversations among state and local governments, housing industry professionals, and consumer advocates. As we always remind everyone, the Forum is not an advocacy organization; we’re a collaborative group interested in working together to better understand fair housing law, best practices and opportunities for productive cooperation.
The 2023 schedule is as follows:
- Dates: Every Second Wednesday
- Time: 10am-11am Mountain Time
- Place: We default to Zoom or Teams
2023 Schedule from June to December
- June 14
- July 12
- August 9
- September 13
- October 11
- November 15
- December 13
Join our distribution list!
To receive monthly meeting notifications and links, send your name / email to AmaraE @ ihfa.org (no spaces). You will be added to the Forum events list.
We hope to see you at our upcoming meetings, and encourage you to think about what you’d like to ask or contribute.
Members of the Idaho Access Project spoke with several dozen architects, attorneys, and fair housing advocates on May 5 as part of the Intermountain Fair Housing Council’s 2023 workshop series. While the focus was on access in all aspects of life, the session included a comparison between fair housing design and construction requirements and Visitability.
- Inclusive planning and design for mobility, access, safety and connectivity;
- Visitability in single-family residential housing development;
- Inclusive Recreation and Tourism, and
- Integrating people with disabilities in civic, cultural and
The Idaho Housing and Finance Association’s (IHFA) Idaho Falls Branch Office—in partnership with the cities of Pocatello and Idaho Falls—is helping promote a fair housing training by the Intermountain Fair Housing Council on June 1st, 2023.
Where: The Colonial Theater, 450 A Street Idaho Falls, ID 83402
When: Thursday, June 1 · 8:30am – 4pm MDT
Link to the Eventbrite registration here
Bus benches continue to support fair housing..and sitters!
As mentioned in a previous post, the Idaho Fair Housing Forum has resumed regular monthly meetings to restore productive collaboration and conversation among diverse stakeholders. Our work on regional statewide campaigns (like the poster pictured above) is crucial to expanding awareness of fair housing. These meetings are a safe place to ask questions, seek consensus and work toward common goals. Partners who are respectful of others and approach the Forum in good faith are welcome.
Check back after September 30th for the late 2022 – 2023 meeting schedule and topics.
- All meetings will be the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT/9 am PT. Main meeting topics will occupy 60 minutes, but we can hold space for 90 minutes to accommodate additional conversation.
- Quarterly Open Forum Meetings will be held October, January, April, July and be more informal, featuring a more open roundtable discussion, with short videos for consideration. The first of these is Segregated by Design
- Monthly Training meetings are planned for November, December, February, March, May, June, August, and September and will feature topical training modules and Q&A
- Annual Meetings will be in-person (public health situation permitting) and coincide with existing statewide events focusing on housing and related topics to allow statewide partners to consolidate travel time and costs.
We look forward to expanding this group to be more inclusive and diverse, and to broaden our geographic scope. We welcome housing providers and professionals, planners, building officials, people of all abilities, consumer advocates, and anyone interested in learning from one another about the origins, interpretations, importance and impacts of the Fair Housing Act and related laws.
Bookmark this post and check back for more updates!