How to file a complaint

If you feel you have been a victim of discrimination based on a protected class, the following organizations are the best options for pursuing a fair housing complaint:

HUD / Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office
Toll-free: 1-800-877-0246

Idaho Legal Aid Services
(ILAS refers complaints; but provides general legal advice and information, including on landlord-tenant law)


Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 711

    • Coeur d’Alene (serving Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai and Shoshone counties): 208-746-7541
    • Lewiston (serving Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce counties): 208-746-7541
    • Nampa (serving Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette and Washington counties): 208-746-7541
    • Boise (serving Ada, Boise, Elmore and Valley counties): 208-746-7541
    • Twin Falls (serving Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka and Twin Falls counties): 208-746-7541
    • Pocatello (serving Bannock, Bear Lake, Caribou, Franklin and Power counties): 208-746-7541
    • Idaho Falls (serving Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison and Teton counties): 208-524-3660

Idaho Human Rights Commission
Toll Free: (888) 249-7025
TDD/TTY: (208) 334-4751

Intermountain Fair Housing Council
Toll-free: 1-800-717-0695