After a five-year wait, HUD and the Idaho Fair Housing Forum were able to bring a Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST training to Idaho. Thanks to collaboration between Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST , Idaho AHMA, and IHFA, we were able to webcast and record the live training held in Boise, ID on 5/15/14. The training covered the following Fair Housing Design and Construction topics:
- 10. Technical overview (presentation) (module)
- 7. Accessible Routes (presentation) (module)
- 8. Accessible Public and Common-Use Areas (presentation) (module)
- 6. Strategies for Compliant Bathrooms (presentation) (module)
Two Forum partners, Roger Howard of SW Idaho’s Living Independence Network Corporation (www.lincidaho.org) and Erik Kingston of Ramp Up Idaho (www.rampupidaho.org) also made a pitch to workshop participants to learn more about these two access-oriented programs:
- LINC’s accessible fixture and resource library, and
- Ramp Up Idaho’s efforts to promote better retail and community access throughout Idaho.