Welcome! This space is for working documents and other files for RampUpIdaho partners. We are a diverse group of community and economic professionals exploring the economic impact of accessible retail, commercial and housing infrastructure throughout Idaho.
For partners. If you have large files to share with the group and they are currently online, send me a link and I’ll re-post here.
What does access look like? Just for fun, here’s a lo-res video clip of the first scooter/chair use of a ramp IHFA had constructed (in partnership with the good people at Boise Parks and Recreation) between our east parking lot and Julia Davis Park. The historic gate was not wheelchair accessible, so our building manager worked closely with the BP&R reps and our contractor a few years ago to create a better option. It has made a big difference!
Time Sensitive! Pedestrian Curb Ramp Program apps due May 1
The Idaho Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Pedestrian Curb Ramp Program Application and Program Guide for the 2013 application cycle have been released. The application and reference materials for this funding opportunity can be found at the I-Way website: http://i-way.org/announcements/2013-curb-ramp-application-and-overview.
Deadline for submittal of the application is: May 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM MST.
- RampUpIdaho DRAFT brochure RUI Brochure 7_24 DRAFT for review
- Dept. of Justice ADA Compliance Review Form doj compliance review form
- 2010 ADA Accessible Design Standards http://www.ada.gov/2010ADAstandards_index.htm
- Accessible recreation: fire rings and grills http://bit.ly/13i2DkR
- Accessible parking space considerations http://bit.ly/11hBObx
- American Falls Complete Streets presentation
- City of Bend Curb Ramp/public process http://bit.ly/11gDyA8
- Resources and tax incentives for businesses